Want to develop skills that will help you stand out from the crowd? Get involved with our innovation challenge: The Bucket!
WHAT’S IN IT FOR ME?
“The Bucket” is a once in a lifetime experience to make your CV stand out from the crowd through:
- Developing your skills – listening, communicating, presenting, designing…
- Obtaining nationally recognised accreditation and qualification – Participative Democracy Certificate and Youth Achievement Award
- Mentoring and support by Young Scot and other key organisations
- Increase your confidence, be empowered and challenge the people at the top
- Challenge yourself to be innovative and create wild ideas!
- Become more digital and social media savvy
- Make friends for life – our volunteers have the opportunity to meet other young people from across Scotland
WHAT’S THE CHALLENGE?
We’ve teamed up with Zero Waste Scotland to work with 15 young people aged 14-20 over 12 months to creatively challenging people’s attitudes and habits to reduce littering and fly tipping in Scotland, while allowing you to develop innovative and essential skills.
Curious? You don’t have to have any previous knowledge or experience on this topic! Be challenged to think outside the ‘bucket’ and grab the opportunity to help shape policy, services and decision making across Scotland, as well as developing your own knowledge and abilities.
We’re holding Taster Sessions so you can find out a bit more about the project, and so we can also find out more about you.
Young Scot Office, Edinburgh
- Tuesday 27thJanuary 2015 5pm-8pm
- Wednesday 28thJanuary 2015 5pm-8pm
- Saturday 31stJanuary 2015 1pm-4pm
We will provide drinks and food, reimburse your travel expenses and can make specific travel and/or accommodation arrangements if you live further than two hours from Edinburgh.
Alternatively if you can’t make these dates we can arrange to speak to you on the phone or Skype instead.
Submit an application form (or answer the application questions by creating a video or a vox pop) by Monday 19th January 2015 and let us know if you can attend a Taster Session.
Top tip! Stand out from the crowd. Show us that you are passionate, curious, creative, a team player, collaborative, experimental, aspirational…what makes you unique?
The Selection Panel will make a decision based on your application and individual and team participation at the Taster Session. We will let you know if you have been successful on Monday 2ndFebruary 2015.
If you have any questions or would like to submit an application please contact:
Rebecca McSheaffrey, Co-design Assistant
0131 313 2488
Rosebery House, 9 Haymarket Terrace, Edinburgh, EH12 5EZ